Ok, so I thought I'd write an update on the stang now that I can actually drive it!
Here's the shit I've been through:
1. Glowing H-pipe, I seen this at idle the second night we had it started on Thursday I t hink it was. I haven't noticed it as a problem now...could have been fuel burning in the exhaust.
2. Fire!! A piece of rubber on the emissions vacume lines got shifted onto the header and ignited! J saved the car and put out the fire quickly. Fixed by zip tie.
3. Bleeding air from the coolant is a long task, and cannot be rushed...learned the hard way pulling over several times on the way home from the shop saturday. (we kinda didn't want to sit and idle because of the glow h-pipe we seen that one night....which seems to not be an issue now.
4. AOD has no overdrive...it's toast. Tranny needs a rebuild.
5. Fuel Leak: my fuel lines were not installed right by the shop, and on the way to the car show my tire rubbed the rubber portion of the line until I was leaking fuel!!! J took care of it, but it's only temporary. We were able to make the show on Sunday but not able to register and win anything. The line is still hitting the tire...and not safe! I bought a fire extinguisher
6. Car Died and I got stuck on the side of the road at Lunchtime when I went to buy the fire extinguish to keep in the car with me in fear of another fire or fuel leak making a new fire.
I had the car towed, they replaced the distributor and TFI module and fixed my timing.
7. Confirmed there is an exhaust leak....bad install at the shop...again
8. Surging forward symtom. I have no idea yet, but I'm sure we'll figure it out when all the other crap is fixed first
THE GOOD NEWS
The car is fast
The car looks awesome
The car sounds awesome dispite the exhaust leak
I can actually pass slow traffic safely now that I have HP
I've been able to drive the car for the first time in 6 months
The new B&M shifter is awesome!!!!!! I love to shift! (yes the automatic!)
Give me a few months and she'll be closer to "normal"
I'm still happy dispite the problems, some of them are to be expected