After a lot of mods, my mustang was starting to get a little quicker, but is it ever fast enough? No, so in late 2003 I did a 2001 head conversion, and greatly improved the performance. My best numbers were 298 rwhp and 308 rwtq. However every other time that I went to the dyno, to test a new mod or just to re-tune, I would notice a loss in power. After checking every variable, I found that it wasnt something outside, so it had to be in the engine, I was guessing rings since they were the original ones with 106,000 hard miles on them.
After another deployment to Iraq, I finally had the money to pull the motor. So in January 2006, I started a never ending project.
Before we really got started.
Afew things out
A little closer
Finally some real progress
Its a beautiful sight
We found another problem here, the oil pump pickup was almost completly covered with RTV, Im guessing from when we put the front cover on. too much beer and mustangs just dont mix!
Completly stripped, no engine, no K member, just a pair of struts hanging and a tangled rats nest of wires.