Professional photoshoot with Lil' Red and my buddy Nerissa was done Friday , June 22!!
A few sample pics are up now on Page 3!! I am working with Photoshop to get the full size images uploaded.
There is also a link at the bottom of Page 2 that will take you to a "Slideshow" (Adobe Flash Player required to view).
Current Specs and Mods to date
(**Click on any photo to enlarge **)
AMAC's Presidents Show & Shine July, 2010
“LIL’ RED” - RESTOMOD
1966 Mustang Coupe
AS AT JULY 1, 2007
Lil' Red on the grass before our 2007 Club Show
Nerissa posing for the camera
Crew Chief Nerissa troubleshooting
Running Horse LED stainless sill plates
Holley 4150 - 650 double pumper
Lil' Red's 302 - 68 Shelby Cobra Mill (with some custom shiny stuff)
Custom polished billet grill
Gold plated custom front plate
Custom glove box door and shifter console
Autometer gauges and Lokar billet pedal kit
Billet Custom tailight bezels and gas cap
Boyd Smoothie II 17" rims (if you look real close on the left side of the hubs you can see Nerissa's silouettte)
New personalized plate for the 1966 RestoMod
SSBC Billet dual bowl master cylinder & Ring Brothers billet hood hinges
Custom Flaming Pony Emblem by "AutoBadges"
End of the latest pics!!
Lil' Red's heart and soul
Some friend’s of a friend from Saskatchewan picked up the car in San Diego , California about 7 years ago. They started an “economod” restoration on the V8 with a 3 speed automatic. The car was painted in Saskatchewan about 7 years ago. Actual paint colour is unknown, however it is about 3 shades darker than the 1965 colour #3 Poppy Red. After the econo resto was completed in Saskatchewan , the car made its way to Calgary . The friend of mine called me looking for a loan to buy the car. I went and had a look at it and agreed to loan him the money to purchase it. The condition was, that if he were ever to sell the vehicle he would have to sell it to me. About a year later he called and asked me if I wanted my Mustang. It had been sitting in a barn for the entire year and of course when I brought it back to town, I brought several mice families with me. This is how it looked at my first carshow.
It was believed at the time that the drive train was original. However, it turned out that the C4 tranny was circa 1970’s and the 289 CID was actually a 302 from a 1968 Shelby GT 350. The VIN number stamped into the driver’s side inner fender was for a 6 cylinder and the VIN plate on the driver’s door was for a 289.
At the time it had the original stock items as follows: radiator, intake and exhaust manifolds, Carter 4 barrel carb, steering wheel, brakes, etc.
As it sits now, the body has all the original steel (no filler) except for the driver’s side quarter panel that has been partially replaced. The only original components that remain are as follows:
- Factory AC interior vent/control unit
Some of the Gal's from the local watering hole.
Since then, the modifications over the last 3 years are listed below.
- 302 block and crankshaft - bored over 0.030”, balanced and blueprinted
- Crower connecting rods c/w ARP bolts
- Keith Black KB312 - 10.4:1 domed aluminum pistons
- ARP 7/16 pushrods
- Trikflow Twisted Wedge 63cc Aluminum heads - 2.02 valves
- Scorpion aluminum roller rockers
- Comp Cams custom grind camshaft, lifters and valve springs
- Ford Racing Full double roller timing chain
- Edelbrock Victor JR High Volume water pump “Permastar Finish”
- Edelbrock Ford 302 (Tall) CUSTOM Valve covers and breathers “Permastar Finish”
- Edelbrock Air Gap RPM intake manifold “Permastar Finish”
- Edelbrock 4220 CUSTOM oval air cleaner “Permastar Finish”
- K&N filter
- Edelbrock HV fuel pump
- Flex-o-lite 16” - 2500 CFM electric fan with programmable thermostat
- Fluidyne 3”- 4 core aluminum radiator c/w stainless steel overflow cannister
- Aluminum rad/heater hoses – red powdercoat
- Holley 4150 – 650cfm Double pumper c/w manual secondaries and electric choke kit, shiny finish
- Holley chrome dual inlet feeder c/w pressure gauge and CUSTOM stainless steel gas line with aluminum fuel cooler
- MSD Billet Distributor and 6AL Ignition (6000 RPM Rev Limiter Chip)
- MSD Blaster II coil
- MSD 8.5mm ignition wires c/w polished solid billet aluminum wire looms
- March Performance billet aluminum underdrive serpentine pulleys and brackets
- Powermaster 160 amp chrome alternator.
- KRC 20000 aluminum power steering pump c/w aluminum remote reservoir
- Total Control Power Rack & Pinion Steering
- Moto Lita Cobra - Aluminum/mahogany steering wheel
- SSBC Force 10 - 13” slotted aluminum 4 piston caliper – front
- SSBC 7” chrome power booster and dual bowl master cylinder c/w pressure gauge
- New OEM Stock drum brakes – rear
- Total Control Products Tubular Front Coil-over Conversion - adjustable front-end
- Shelby Cobra rear 5 leaf springs - standard eye
- Traction Master under rider traction bars
- KYB Gas-a-just rear shocks
- Global West sub frame connectors
- Total Control tubular aluminum export brace, tower struts and Monte Carlo bar
- Total Control 1-1/8” front sway bar
- Boyd Coddington polished aluminum 5 spoke Smoothie rims – 17 x 8 (rear) and 17 x 7 (front)
- BFG G-force KDW radial T/A (new tread design) – 215/45ZR17 fronts and 235/40ZR17 rear
- Tremec T5Z - 5 speed transmission/conversion
- Pro 5 short throw shifter
- Hurst shifter stick - chrome
- Hurst T-handle w/ built in Line-loc button - aluminum
- Spec II 10.5” Clutch c/w Modern Driveline cable linkage
- CUSTOM Aluminum driveshaft
- Spicer heavy duty universal joints
- 8.8” Ford rear end assembly
- Auburn Gear 3.55 Positrac limited slip differential
- Hooker long tube CUSTOM headers - Diamond Coat
- Flowmaster 2.5” X-Pipe exhaust with 40 Series Delta Flow mufflers and 2.5” chrome turn-down tips
- Alpine 9835 CD/MP3/WMA player c/w XM satellite radio and remote control
- MB Quart 5-1/2” kick panel speakers
- Alpine R series 6” x 9” rear speakers
- Hertz 12” sub-woofer
- Audison 4 x 100 watt power amp
- Audison 1 x 350 watt power subwoofer amp
- Audio Concepts CUSTOM Amp/Subwoofer housing (behind backseat under the parcel tray)
- Monster wiring
- Scott Drake Electroluminescent Instrument faceplates
- Scott Drake Brushed Aluninum instrument bezel and glove box door inserts
- Scott Drake billet aluminum polished grill
- Scott Drake billet aluminum CUSTOM tail light bezels c/w sequential lighting
- Scott Drake solid billet aluminum CUSTOM gas cap
- Scott Drake Polished aluminum wiper arms
- Scott Drake stainless steel scuff plates c/w illuminated Horse Head emblem.
- Total Control stainless steel engine dress up kit
- Autometer tachometer w/ shift lite
- Autometer water temp and oil pressure gauges
- Tri-Bar Halogen Headlamps
- Optima Yellow Top deep cycle battery c/w solid billet aluminum battery cage
- Ring Brothers billet aluminum adjustable hood hinges
- CUSTOM 2 gauge shifter console w/ leather boot
- Lokar Performance billet polished aluminum pedal kit (brake, clutch and gas)
- Lokar Performance polished cable throttle linkage
- New OEM front seatbelts
- Trunk mounted reservoir complete with electric pump, remote switch, dual lines and spray nozzles – can spray the rear tires with bleach burnout solution from the driver’s seat.
- Hurst Line-Loc Roll Control c/w remote activation safety switch
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jesse Hir at
AUTO -THRILL, Calgary , AB
David Coker and Howard Cook at
NEWSTALGIA WHEEL, Chattanooga , Tennessee
Matt and Bruce Mitchell at
THE MUSTANG SHOP , Calgary , AB
ANDY’S MECHANICAL, Calgary, AB
MOPAC AUTO SUPPLY, Calgary , AB
LANE’S PROFESSIONAL CAR PRODUCTS
CANADIAN MUSTANG LIMITED, Langley , BC
MUSTANG’S PLUS , Stockton, California
The staff at
CONCEPT AUDIO, Calgary, Alberta
2006 International Mustang Meet
September 1, 2 & 3 in Edmonton, Alberta
Chief's 66 Coupe "Lil' Red" - First Place 1966 Modified
Runner Up 66 Modified. He and Lil' Red traded places this year as Lil' Red was runner up to him in 2005.
The Heart & Soul Lil' Red
Another pic of the mill. Custom polished aluminum grill.
Tri-bar halogen headlamps. Billet aluminum gas cap.
Billet taillight bezels w/ sequential lamps. 302 CID running horse ornament.
302 HiPo oprnament Original factory upholstry
Boyd Coddington 17 x 7 w/ 215/45 BFG G-Force KDW NT (front) Boyd Coddington 17 x 8 w/ 235/40 BFG G-Force KDW NT (rear)
Some of the other Mustangs hanging out at the Show
One big, fast hemi.
Blown 73 Street Mod.
Nice stock 66 Coupe. Nice stock 67 Coupe.
More photos to come as soon as I get them uploaded!!