Well, the engine/tranny have been installed. I decided on going with a Tremec TKO 600 with a RAM 900 clutch. There's still a good bit left to go, as in the fuel system, SDS engine management system, hiding the rest of the wiring and the rest of the turbo kit/exhaust. Here's some pics of the install......
Here's the latest update. Most of the accessories are bolted up. I just have a few minor problems with the turbo kit and fuel system to handle. Maybe within a few weeks she'll be roadworthy!!
This project is much further along than these photos show. I have to get some more taken and uploaded. The car is on the road now, but not without some hurdles along the way. We dynoed it to set up the break-in tune on the SDS stand alone and at a modest 9psi/ fairly rich tune, it made 411hp/428tq. We carried it back after engine break-in and it made 438/460 on the same initial tune. We then began to turn the boost up. We got to 12psi and it made 492hp/615tq and then blew a head gasket. And I'm glad it did because we soon found out that the car was practically running on 6 cylinders and that explained the lower dyno numbers. And I'm glad the gasket blew because we found out that the pcv baffle wasn't on the intake and it was dumping oil into the #5 and #8 cylinders. And that oil was causing detonation and ultimately blew the head gasket. It's back together and definately feels stronger. No dyno updates yet. It's going in the shop to get repainted for the upcoming show season. Once it gets done, I'll be carrying it back to re-dyno and will update when I do along with pics.
Thanks for visiting!